Alternative fuels with a cross-border perspective – The Nordic Example
When: 9 November 2016
Where: Norway House, Rue Archimède 17, 1000 – Brussels
Time: Lunch 12:00-13:30, Semniar 13:30-17:30, Mingle 17:30-
Welcome to join in the discussions together with EU officials, regional and local authorities and the private sector.
The seminar will be held in connection to the HyER Seminar Going Zero? The Role of Cities and Regions in Low Carbon Transport
A common networking lunch together with HyER will be held before the GREAT seminar.
The seminar will consist of keynotes, short speaches and panel discussions. The sessions will also be open for questions from the audience.
Welcome and opening speeches
Pontus Lindberg – Development Committee Second Deputy, Region Skåne
Joakim Larsson – Regional Council Chairman, Region Västra Götaland
Steen Bach Nielsen – Regional Council Member and STRING Chairman, Region Zeeland
Helmut Morsi – Advisor, MOVE.B – European Mobility Network, DG Move
Session 1: BioLNG and BioMethane
The interest for using LNG in heavy transports is increasing and the Nordics have long experience from using biogas for sustainable transports. How can we support and develop the market to use the production of BioMethane from organic waste and forest residue as liquefied BioMethane (BioLNG)?
- Björn Fredriksson Möller – Project Manager, E.ON Biofor
- Bo Ramberg – CEO, FordonsGas
- Lars Holmqvist – Public Affairs, Göteborg Energi
- Rolf Willkrans – Director Environmental Affairs, Volvo Group Headquarters
- Joakim Larsson – Regional Council Chairman, Region Västra Götaland
Session 2: Alternative fuels and behavioural change
The Nordic countries are at the forefront in the shift towards alternative fuels, enabling decarbonisation. What are the factors that will keep up the speed of the shift in the future?
- Hugues Van Honacker – Senior Expert, DG Move
- Christian Halleløv – Development Manager, e-mobility solutions, E.ON Denmark
- Eva Næss Karlsen – Special Advisor, Department of Environment and Transport, City of Oslo
- Elisabetta Cherchi – Professor of Transport, Newcastle University
- Jon Halvard Eide – Adviser NSC Transport group, The North Sea Commission
- Jarkko Ahlbom – Zero Emission Strategy Manager, Nissan Nordic Europe
- Pontus Lindberg – Development Committee Second Deputy, Region Skåne
Jakob Lagercrantz – Equest